Vets make startling discovery: Bulldog had 19 baby pacifiers stuck in his stomach

Dogs swallowing foreign objects is something that unfortunately happens. You see your furry friend playing with, let’s say, a sock, when all of a sudden you don’t see that sock anymore.

Where could it have gone?

Then panic starts to set to in. Your dog swallowed the sock!

If you suspect your dog has swallowed something it shouldn’t you need to contact your vet. You wouldn’t want your poor pooch to unknowingly suffer like Mortimer the bulldog.

In April, the Shanahan family began to notice a change in their 3-year-old bulldog’s behavior. Mortimer started getting nauseous before he ate.

Emily Shanahan took Mortimer to the vet and the dog was prescribed a medicine, but it didn’t help. In fact, Mortimer stopped eating.

Veterinarian: Bulldog swallows 19 baby pacifiers — #WeirdNews

Gepostet von KTVE 10 KARD 14 myarklamiss am Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2019

After growing even more concerned, Emily took Mortimer to MSPCA-Angell. It was there that X-rays revealed the horrifying reason Mortimer refused to eat.

Vets discovered 19 baby pacifiers in Mortimer’s stomach, according to the Associated Press.

Thankfully, the pacifiers were able to be removed without surgery and the 3-year-old bulldog has recovered.

While the thought of 19 pacifiers stuck inside a dog’s stomach is heartbreaking, the animal rescue and medical center doesn’t place blame on the owner.

In a series of tweets, they said Mortimer is a “cherished” pet whose owner did everything she could to make sure he got better.

Vets at MSPCA-Angell believe Mortimer had been stealing Emily’s two children’s pacifiers for months without anyone noticing.

19 pacifiers?! Poor Mortimer! 

This just goes to show that even the most careful pet owners might not know what their four-legged friends are getting into.

If you notice a change in your pet’s behavior, it’s best to get them checked out.

Share this article so no other pet has to suffer like Mortimer.