Dogs are really amazing pets to have around the house for so many reasons. They’re not just great companions, but they have an amazing ability to detect danger and protect their families.
That was the case for one pup, who spoke up and saved the day when her family was in danger.
Willow is a 10-month Great Pyrenees. Her owner, Caitlyn Radel-Paaby, told The Dodo that her dog is skittish but also a “cuddler [who] loves to give hugs.”
But recently, Willow overcame her “puppy fear stage” to save her loved ones.
Caitlyn returned home the night before Thanksgiving, and to her surprise her usually-attentive dog did not come to greet her. She then noticed Willow was acting unusually.
“[She] went under the desk and started acting really nervous and barking and wouldn’t come out,” Caitlyn told The Dodo. “She even got a little defensive to get our attention.
But soon, she realized that that unusual behavior was to alert them of a serious danger.
“That’s when we noticed the outlet.”
Caitlyn looked and discovered that an electrical outlet, hidden under the desk, was on fire.
While the flame was small when they caught it, firefighters later informed Caitlyn that if they hadn’t noticed the sparks, their home would’ve gone up in flames.
The day was saved, all thanks to one brave dog taking everyone by surprise.
“She had never done anything like this and we were shocked,” Caitlyn said. “She is always making sure her human brother is safe and she clings to me like crazy and usually will alert if something is off but never anything serious until the outlet.”
Caitlyn, her boyfriend and her infant son all celebrated the holiday with a lot to be thankful for.
Caitlyn is thankful her dog overcame her skittishness, speaking up and saving the day.
Thank you to Willow for saving the day! Share this amazing news!