Rescue dog alerts owner to house fire and saves sleeping family of three

Roux, a 3-year-old rescue dog from Tennessee, became a hero over the 4th of July weekend.

According to a press release from the Franklin Fire Department, around 10:45 p.m. on July 4, Roux began barking “frantically and unusually” at her owner Jeff LeCates’ front door.

LeCates opened the door, and Roux bolted.

His frantic dog led him to his neighbor’s home, which was on fire.

Roux led her owner to a house fire.

LeCates banged on his neighbor’s door and thankfully all three people who were inside and sleeping at the time were able to escape with their pets.

As he waited for the fire department to arrive, LeCates attempted to control the flames with a garden hose.

Franklin Fire Marshal Andy King said consumer fireworks caused the blaze, which caused $50,000 in damages.

According to reports, video evidence shows that the fire began shortly after the homeowner disposed of fireworks and other combustible materials.

Who’s a good girl? Roux is!

In an odd twist, the neighbor whose life Roux helped save actually helped to save Roux’s life about a year earlier.

Roux, a Belgian Malinois, was in need of a home and LeCates’ neighbor, a dog groomer was aware that LeCates had recently lost his German Shepherd and helped connect the two.

Way to go Roux!

Share this to bring some positivity to your news feed.